Oral health need not be a stressful experience
A lot of people would rather endure the torment of a toothache than step foot in a dental clinic. For those who avoid dentists, sedation dentistry offers to take most of their anxiety away. Sedation treatments can be used for a simple tooth cleaning down to the most invasive of dental procedures.
The method and degree of sedation depends on the extent of anxiety and other factors (like age or type of procedure) that your dentist needs to consider.Get a Free QUATO
Conscious Sedation & General Anesthesia - Antalya
Aesthetic Dental Treatment Applications - Antalya
- It provides a comfortable and safe environment for the patient.
- It eliminates the feeling of fear. The patient is prevented from feeling pain.
- It prevents children with fear of dentists from having bad impressions and traumas that may arise in their memories.
- The most important result of dental treatment with sedation in children is to prevent them from experiencing psychological trauma. It can also be applied in patients with heart and blood pressure.
General anesthesia is provided mainly by combination of three groups of medicines.
- Temporarily loss of consciousness of the patient with the help of hypnotic drugs,
- Narcotic analgesics applied to the patient, even if the patient is unconscious, painless operation,
- With muscle relaxants, all muscles in the body are relaxed to provide a comfortable surgical environment.
- The patient's breathing is provided with an anesthesia device (respiratory device) under the control of the anesthesiologist.
- Root canal treatment
- Gum treatments
- Implant and embedded dental surgery
- Prosthetic procedures
- Conscious sedation is a suitable method for patients who have a fear of a dentist and therefore postpone their treatment.
- Inhalation Sedation: A conscious form of sedation that involves the use of nitrous oxide commonly known as “laughing gas” to help you relax.
- Oral sedation: Delivered by mouth (pills) to calm and relax patients.
- IV sedation: Administered through the veins.
- Deep Sedation; General Anesthesia: Allows dentists to work on unconscious patients for treatments that are particularly painful, difficult and lengthy.
No, you will not be fully asleep during sedation IV. You will be extremely comfortable and relaxed, so will not be aware of what is happening during the treatment.
No, definitely. Patients do not feel pain or discomfort during their dental treatment.
Instant Info Section
Conscious sedation is the suppression of consciousness so that the patient can continue breathing with anesthetic drugs given by intravenous route.
During sedation, the patient is conscious. Hears what the anesthesiologist or dentist says and performs the commands given. Temporary forgetfulness occurs with the effect of drugs used.Contact
Normally, a definite period cannot be given for the healing process. The healing process may vary according to the treatment method to be determined.Contact
General Anesthesia and Conscious Sedation Practice and Antlara Dental Oral and Dental Health Polyclinic in Antalya
No Fear & Anxiety
Administration of oral sedative drugs for procedures that take an extensive amount of time and is best for people with dental anxiety or for children who cannot control their movements.
Helpful in all ages
Some medications help create more tranquil, relaxed dental visits, while others control pain, and may even put you into a deep sleep. This can be done for patients of all ages.
Awake & No Fear
With the exception of those put under general anesthesia, most patients are usually awake during sedation and have no any side-effects except some probable temporarily forgetfulness.
At Antlara Dental Dental Clinic quality true You will find the cure.
If you need a dentist in Antalya; You can contact the full-fledged Antlara Oral and Dental Health Center in Lara / Antalya.
More Information About Conscious Sedation & General Anesthesia - Frequently Asked Questions
These are more information about Conscious Sedation & General Anesthesia. Actually this method is being used for who has fears about dentists and dental treatments. So we want you to be relax here as we can surpress your anxiety or fear with little sedation that will not harm you.
For many patients going to the dentist is a stressful and anxious process. Sometimes they have a fear of dentistry itself, bad memories of painful visits or negative past experiences.
At AntLara Dentla Clinic our team appreciate and understand your concern and worry. We have dealt with patients who have the severest anxieties around going to the dentist and have been successfully treated using IV Sedation techniques.
IV Sedation is the process of applying a solution into the body of a patient that causes them to completely relax and go into whats known as a “twilight sleep”. They are conscious but extremely relaxed and will not remember the procedure afterwards.
This is great for patients who have terrible anxiety as they dont suffer from the regular issues they do when they normally go to the dentist. Our dentist can work freely without interference or flinching and know that the patient is safe and well.
The patient is able to hear the dentist and can follow small instructions such as turning their head. However they wont remember any of the pressure applied to the mouth or any unsettling sounds that could cause anxiety.
Sedation can be used in both adults and children. While it can be applied by opening a vascular access in adults; Sedation can be provided with medicines mixed into fruit juice in young children.
What is sedation IV and what are its benefits?
In sedation IV, anaesthetic drug is injected into the veins. It is a type of conscious sedation because patients are virtually awake so can respond to stimuli such as verbal suggestions and instructions of the dentist, physical touch, etc. Today most of the dentists prefer sedation IV thanks to its benefits such as;
- You wont remember of undergoing the treatment because this type of sedation causes partial or complete loss of memory during the treatment. This is a huge advantageous because you will remember nothing about the dental procedure.
- You will not feel pain during the treatment.
- You will not sense of time while you are under sedation IV.
- You wont sense of smell or sound during the treatment.
- You will not feel fear or anxiety during treatment.
- Since patients are in relaxed and calm, the doctors can easily carry out within the same appointment.
- Since patients become comfortable and compliant, the total treatment time is less.
- Unlike general anaesthesia, during the sedation IV, to maintain breathing installation of an endotracheal tube is not necessary. The bodys vital functions are working perfectly without the need for medical collaboration.
- Following the sedation IV, patients can recover fast and continue with their daily routine.
- Sedation IV is comparatively safer than general anaesthesia.
There are 4 types of sedation.
- Inhalation Sedation: A conscious form of sedation that involves the use of nitrous oxide commonly known as “laughing gas” to help you relax. It is mild enough to keep a patient conscious and strong enough to suppress pain during treatments. This is the only form of sedation where you may be able to drive yourself home after your dental visit.
- Oral sedation: Delivered by mouth (pills) to calm and relax patients. Oral sedative medications are usually given the night before or half an hour before dental procedures depending on the severity of your anxiety. Depending on the dose, this can range from minimal (awake but relaxed) to moderate sedation (words are slurred, and some may not remember the entirety of the procedure.
- IV sedation: Administered through the veins. The effect works quickly and your dentist can continually adjust your level of sedation.
- Deep Sedation& General Anesthesia: Allows dentists to work on unconscious patients for treatments that are particularly painful, difficult and lengthy. It is also ideal for patients whose behavioral problems make it impossible for the dentist to carry out procedures in treatments or surgeries.